Where it all started
The Bradford Club started life at the Old Bull’s Head on Westgate in 1761, with the aim of establishing a weekly meeting for good company and conversation. The club went on to occupy premises at Upper Piccadilly and Manor Row, where it thrived for many years. But in 1940 it came to an end there due to the absence of members on war service.
Its next incarnation was the amalgamation of Bradford Liberal Club and Bradford and County Conservative Club, collectively becoming the Bradford Club in 1955. In 1977 it merged with the Union Club (formerly the Bradford Billiard Club), which had stood in Piece Hall Yard since 1866. With the present Bradford Club now occupying these premises, there has been a continuous club presence there for 150 years.